Bulk Purchases (or Prepaid Bookings) allow you to offer your customers a set number of bookings as a package that they can purchase from your Booking Widget. These can either be used immediately upon purchase, or stored in a customers account to be redeemed at a later date.
Setting up Bulk Purchases
Head to Configure > Promotions > Bulk Purchases. Here you will be able to see all the package deals you have previously setup and create new ones. To create your first or a new bulk purchase package, select Create New and complete the following:
- Enter the name of your bulk purchase - this is displayed to your customers in your Booking Widget
- Enter a description of your bulk purchase - this is displayed to your customers in your Booking Widget
- If you want this to show in your booking widget, make sure the 'Show in widget' box is checked
- Set its price - this is the price for the whole package, not the price of each individual session
- Choose how many sessions/bookings are included in the package
- Select which service or event/course group you wish it to apply for
- Set the duration to the length of your service or event
- Set how many days after purchase the bookings are valid for (this can be left blank if this is unlimited)
- Enter the use by and use from dates - these dates set the period between which the bookings can be redeemed (for example, it could be a weekend special)
- Click Create
Your newly created bulk purchase package will now appear in the list. To make sure that your bulk purchase package can be purchased from the Booking Widget, navigate to the admin panel and click Account & Settings > Settings > Widget and check the box Show items in a list view first.
Please note: You need to have customer login enabled to use Bulk Purchases. This is so that bulk package purchases can be stored in a customer's account. To enable customer login, go to the Account & Settings > Settings > Bookings and change the setting for Customer Login to Show the option to set a password.
Alternatively you can view our video tutorial:
Redeeming Bulk Purchases
If you have followed all of the above steps, then your bulk purchase package(s) will now be displayed on the front page of your Booking Widget.
To purchase them, your customer selects that option from the widget.
For Services - The customer selects the bulk purchase, enters their details and completes the purchase. On completion, they have the option to make their first booking (and then subsequent bookings) or to come back later to make their bookings. In addition, they can access the bulk purchase option by selecting the underlying service and selecting a time. The bulk purchase will then appear as an option in the slide-out menu.
For Events, Classes or Courses - The customer selects the bulk purchase, enters their details and completes the purchase. On completion they have the option to make their first booking (and then subsequent bookings) or to come back later to make their bookings.
If you need to apply a bulk purchase (prepaid bookings) to a customers account, this can be done either from the customer's profile page (accessed via Customers) or under Calendar > Prepaid Bookings.
If you want to set up JRNI so that your customers can only make bookings if they purchase a bulk booking, you can set this under Pre-configured bookings only
in the Account & Settings > Settings > Bookings by selecting 'Allow the the option the purchase prepaid bookings'.
You can alternatively limit customers so that they can only make bookings if they've had prepaid bookings manually applied to their account. This can be set up in Account > Settings > Bookings under Pre-configured bookings only and by selecting 'Pre-configured bookings only.
If you would like to show your bulk purchase in a completely different section on the widget, you can use your normal embed script but add the following parameter inside the final speech mark: &no_items=1.
Other Articles You May Enjoy: