An Event is a one-off activity or class that runs on a specific day and time for a set number of people or attendees. It could be a dance class, a concert, a presentation or a tour. Creating an event is easy - simply follow these steps:
- Under Configure, select Single Event/Class from the left-hand menu
- This page shows you a list of your existing upcoming events. To create a new one, select Create New
- Enter the name of the event, and the description. These will both be displayed to your customer when they are booking. The short description appears on the first page of the widget, and the long description when they select details
- Next you need to place it into a Group. You can add it to an existing group or create a new group. Read more here for an in depth explanation of Groups
- Choose whether your event occurs on a Single-day or is Multi-day - A multi-day, for example, is a festival that commences at the beginning of your availability on Monday and finishes at the end of your availability on Wednesday (if you have resources and staff associated with the event, they will be booked out for their entire availability on all the days of the event).
- Select the date, start time and duration. Click Advanced Settings to add a custom duration or start time (e.g. Monday morning 9 - 10am start)
- Set the number of spaces (how many people can book onto this event/class)
- Set the price
- Set the Max Bookings. This is the maximum number of people that can book onto the event at once (e.g. whether a customer can book 3 spaces in one booking)
- Choose the ticket type - read more about these here
- Set minimum time in advance (how close to the event date they can book) and cancellation period (how close to the event date they can cancel)
- You can choose to send a PDF ticket attached to the booking confirmation email - read more about pdf tickets
- Select what availability your customer sees when they book - Number of spaces and spaces left, number of spaces, number of spaces left, or nothing at all
Depending on your business set-up, there may be additional options:
- If you also have multiple people or resources configured, then you can choose which relate to the event from the drop-down menus
- If you have Multiple Addresses enabled under Account, then you will have the option to select the address
- If you have added custom business only questions under Account > Advanced > Extra Business Data, you can fill in the responses here
Once you have filled in everything, you can click Create. The event now appears in the your admin calendar, is bookable by your customers and is visible under Configure > Single Event/Class.
If you would like to view the event in your admin calendar but do not yet want to make it bookable by your customers, you can select Disable at the bottom of the event details page. You will be able to make the event Active at any time.