Once you have created a BookingBug account and completed the wizard you can make some changes, here's what you can do:
1. You may first want to go to the gear in the admin panel at the top to make some additional changes to the way your business operates. Under Settings, you can set fundamental options for how your booking system will work, like whether your business will have multiple resources or multiple staff or both. You can also decide whether your services use fixed times or variable times. Additional optional features are also found here, such as deals, coupons and wallets. These are the settings you will most likely only need to change once to match the way your business works.
2. After you have finalised your account settings, head on over to Configure. Here is where you will be doing most of the setting up of what your business offers and how it does so, including setting prices, defining availability, and other details. The Your Business tab will provide most of the needed settings.
3. Under Staff, you can manage the people that work for the business. Here you can create new members of staff that offer bookable services. You can then set their individual availability, using the green and grey buttons at the bottom to make blocks of time available or unavailable. Once you have created staff members, you can always edit their hours or available days later to adjust accordingly to their work schedule, days off and vacation periods.
4. Under Resources, you can add the physical resources that your services require during an appointment. Resources can be anything, such as rooms, equipment, vehicles, or any other physical item that is booked by your customers, depending on your business. Similar to the Staff options, you can create and edit the availability in exactly the same manner.
5. Under Services, you can create the services that customers can book. A service is a way for customers to book time with your Resource, Staff or both. So, for example, if you rent out tennis courts, you will need to set up a Service that allows for customers to book the Resource that is the tennis court. Here you can create and edit the name, time settings, pricing and other details of each service.
6. The Who, What, Where tab allows you to select what services a certain member can perform, or what services are offered with each resource. This is helpful for when you want a quick overview of everything you have set up. This option is also available in each of the sections where you set up your staff, resources and services.
7. There are many other things you can set up and edit under Configure. In Promotions, you can set up marketing features, such as daily deals, discount coupons, multiple bookings of the same service, or several services packaged together.
8. Lastly, in Booking Settings, you can adjust details of how your bookings work, such as questions you ask customers on booking, the text shown at checkout or confirmation of a booking, and the multiple locations your business operates at.
9. Finally, with everything set up, you can select Publish at the top. This will bring you to where you can customise and set up how your BookingBug widget looks like to your customers, and where it will be displayed. You have the option to paste the widget HTML on your existing site, or even host the widget on its own BookingBug public site. A BookingBug public site is a free site that is purely dedicated to hosting your widget. This is handy if you don’t have any existing site, but want to take online bookings without having to build your own website. If you have any trouble with this, you can contact your own web developer to help you out with this step.
The following video tutorial will help you with the basics of setting up your booking system.
That’s all the basics covered for your BookingBug set-up! This video tutorial has only covered the basic settings that you may want to try out, so feel free to explore other more detailed features to fully customise your BookingBug system.