Here's a helpful guide and video tutorial to get you started with your JRNI account, once you have completed the wizard. Some steps you may wish to take are:
1. You may first want to click the gear in the admin panel at the top to make some additional changes to the way your business operates.
2. Under Settings, you can set fundamental options for how your booking system will work, like whether your business will have courses and classes, or events, or both. You can also enable additional features here such as deals, coupons and wallets. These are the settings you will most likely only need to change once to match the way your business works.
3. After you have finalised your account settings, head on over to Configure. Here is where you will be doing most of the setting up of what your business offers and how it does so, including setting prices, defining availability, and other details. The Your Business tab will provide most of the needed settings.
4. Under Staff, you can manage the people that work for the business. Here you can create new members of staff that are bookable by customers. You can then set their individual availability, using the green and grey buttons at the bottom to make blocks of time available or unavailable. Once you have created staff members, you can always edit their hours or available days later to adjust accordingly to their work schedule, days off and vacation periods.
5. Under Resources, you can add the physical resources that your services require during an appointment. Resources can be anything, like rooms, or any other physical item that is booked by your customers, depending on your business. Similar to the Staff options, you can create and edit the availability in exactly the same manner.
6. The Event Settings tab is where you can set up one-off or recurring events or courses. A single event is a one-off occurrence, for example, a special seasonal promotion event. Regular Events are events that occur on a regular basis, such as a weekly class where customers can book any number of classes. A course consists of multiple events that are booked by the customer all in one go. This is ideal for when customers must pay and attend all the events, such as a language course or a cookery course.
7. The Who and Where tab allows you to select what services a certain member can perform, or what services are offered with each resource. This is helpful for when you want a quick overview of everything you have set up.
8. There are many other things you can set up and edit under Configure. In Promotions, you can set up marketing features, such as daily deals, discount coupons, multiple bookings of the same service, or several services packaged together.
9. Lastly, in Booking Settings, you can adjust details of how your bookings work, such as questions you ask customers on booking, the text shown at checkout or confirmation of a booking, and the multiple locations your business operates at.
10. Finally, with everything set up, you can select Publish at the top. This will bring you to where you can customise and set up how your JRNI widget looks like to your customers, and where it will be displayed. You have the option to paste the widget HTML on your existing site, or even host the widget on its own JRNI public site. A JRNI public site is a free site that is purely dedicated to hosting your widget. This is handy if you don’t have any existing site, but want to take online bookings without having to build your own website. If you have any trouble with this, you can contact your own web developer to help you out with this step.
That’s all the basics covered for your JRNI set-up! This video tutorial has only covered the basic settings that you may want to try out, so feel free to explore other more detailed features to fully customise your JRNI system.