Once you have completed the Set-up Wizard, you may want to make further adjustments your Account & Settings. This may also be useful for when your business has had some recent changes, and you want to change your booking system to reflect this.
- If you go to 'my business', you can give a brief overview of your business. These are simple details you will most likely fill in just once when setting up your account, such as the name of your business and its primary address.
- Next, the 'Settings' tab is where you can fully customise your system here to fit exactly the way your business works. Each section changes a different aspect of the system, so not all sections may apply to your business.
- Under 'Business', you’ll find the fundamental settings that represent your business. The setup wizard should have helped make sure that these are already correct. However, you may want to make changes such as enabling multiple staff or multiple resources.
Please take the time to read the descriptions for each setting to ensure only the features you need are turned on.
Under the Services, Events and Resources sections, you can change the respective options of each category. The availability of these settings depends on what you have enabled under Business.
Some important settings to note under 'Services' are the spaces available for each booking, and the service types, such as fixed time, variable time, day based, week based, or a combination. 'Resources' is where you can enable multiple identical resources, which is useful for business that utilise multiple quantities of the same item, such as bicycle hire. Finally, under 'Events', you may want to take a look at waiting lists.
If you’d like more information regarding each of these, please take a look at the respective help articles found in our Knowledge Base.
- Next, under 'Widget', you can change how your booking widget operates. This is important for controlling how your customers use your booking widget and what information is presented to them.
- In 'Bookings', you can adjust how a customer makes a booking for a service. Important features to note are, shopping cart, and the information a customer must provide to book.
- Under 'Notifications', you will find all the settings related to notifications that your customers receive regarding their booking.
This includes email settings, SMS settings and social media settings. You can customise each of these to match the language of your business.
- In 'Pricing', you can set how the pricing for your services work, and extras such as discounts, deposits, and currency.
- 'Terminology' is where you can change the terms that are used throughout your booking system.
For example, if you run a tennis court business, you could change ‘Resource’ to ‘Court’ instead, and change ‘Service’ to ‘Session’ instead.
There are plenty of configurable options here, so have a look at all the terms and phrases that you may want to change. You can always continue using the default terms provided if you prefer.
- 'Custom T and C' is where you can write your own terms and conditions for your services and business.
These will be presented to the customer when they make a booking, which they’ll need to accept before they are able to complete their booking.
- Finally, under 'Extra Features', you’ll find additional features designed for different types of businesses that use BookingBug. These include Deals, Coupons, Wallets, and more.
- Moving on, 'Advanced Settings' allows you set up online payments and accounting integration. To take payments when your customers make a booking, you’ll need an online payment provider such as PayPal or Sage that integrates with BookingBug.
If you select 'Online Payments', you’ll see a complete list of payment providers currently supported by BookingBug. Under 'Accounting Integration', you can set up BookingBug automatically synchronise your booking invoices to either KashFlow, Xero or SageOne.
- In 'Integration', you can find all the tools and services that BookingBug is integrated with. These services are designed to work BookingBug in a seamless manner to help make your business easier to manage.
- Under 'Users and Admin', you can set up the people that can use and manage your booking system. You can separate your staff to be either users, whom can just help make bookings, or administrators, whom can make changes to the way the system works.
- Lastly, under 'Subscription', you can view and make changes to your BookingBug payment plan.
The following video tutorial walks through the extensive options available under Account & Settings.